Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thing 9-RSS Blog and News Feeds


Now my thoughts on blog and news feeds.
I liked both Bloglines and Technorati. Both seem to bring up articles that interested me with no steep learning curve on how to use them. Since it is 11:00 PM, easy to use is important.
Most confusing---for me it was Syndic8.com. It just looked confusing. Some useful feeds that I discovered included: Librarians Internet Index and both the New York Times and Washington Post Book Reviews. I can't say that I found other tools to locate news feeds (again, it is 11:00 PM. My brain shuts down at 10:00 PM). I will say that I have found more news feeds in the two above mentioned sites than I will ever be able to read and absorb.



1 comment:

Grendel said...

Being selective is important, isn't it, when it comes to the feeds we want to keep up with?! I subscribed to several to get the "feel" of the "Thing" but then decided to cancel most of them. I just kept two--and may have to downsize from there!