Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing 12-Commenting

Two points of interest in commenting on blogs:
1. Be open ended and ask questions. I hadn't thought about this, but it makes sense. If you don't want your blog to turn into a diary, then invite conversation.
2. Interact with comments left. I can see how easy it is to read the comments and respond only to yourself---not a good way to run an interactive blog. As was mentioned in the assigned blogs, once you interact with your commenters you get to know them and create a community. Hmmm....very interesting.
Now for the blogs on non Learn2Players......
I liked Mike Falik's blog which cites Jay Mathew's article "Hit the Books". This article argues that elementary aged school childred should have no other homework than 30-60 minutes of reading each night. I like that!
I also liked Library TWEeter's "The Good, the bad and the library". A very brief, but oh so true look at the very popular books of the elementary school library----where there are always twenty five inquiries about the only two copies you own.

2 comments:

Grendel said...

Very good points. In reading the blogs, I have noticed that most of us feel insecure about commenting. Did you have trouble getting started? I did and still do! I do like what you said about having a conversation, a dialogue. Sometimes I still "hit and run!"

Terry said...

Thanks for the good words for Library TWEeter. I do feel that I'm shouting into an empty canyon a lot of the time. Comments help me take the time to write something else.