Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing 7-Video Resources

I am really glad to find out about all these video resources! I have used videos in the past in library lessons and they really keep student attention. For example, in the past I have used videos with book talks. For example, in a book talk about Brian Selznick's book The Invention of Hugo Cabret, I found a video presented by the Franklin Institute about automatons (the subject of Hugo Cabret) which I showed to classes. As a result, The Invention of Hugo Cabret went from collecting dust on the shelf to being the most sought after book of the year.
For Thing 7, I watched a video about space (which I am going to include here) and a PBS video from the American Experience series about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. I can see using them as I have in the past in library lessons and teasers to keep students interested.

No comments: