Sunday, July 12, 2009

11.5 Things-Thing 2-Image Generators

Where to start? I tried both Wordle and Word Sift. I liked them both. I think that Word Sift facinated me the most because of the definitions and other web sites that might be associated with the words. I had typed some lines from Macbeth and was surprised to see the different web sites that appeared---including a picture of Macbeth from a motion picture. I could see students doing just what I did---type in lines from a play or book and find definitions or make other connections. I then moved on to VoiceThread and played with that. I imported a picture and typed my own comments. This could be a great group project where students analyze a picture for art, or a poem, or a line from a book, or a mathematical equation...the list could go on. I really liked this one and registered for the free educators account. As for Voki and Animoto, I have known about these and used these before. I love Voki (see blog entry for March)and my students have really enjoyed working with it. Absolutely it sends a stronger message than just text. I always get immediate responses when I send messages to my sons using Voki instead of regular e-mail or texting. Finally, Bookr was great. I created an album. I could see students combining Bookr with the use of digital cameras and writing projects to describe their photos. What a great way to inspire students to write and keep their interest at the same time.

2 comments:

VWB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VWB said...

I see your Voki from last Spring. Could you post another sample or two so we can see your thoughts about these tools?