Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing 11.5-Evaluation

Woohoo! I made it! Here is my wrap up evaluation:
1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
My favorite discovery by far was Skype. It was my favorite for entirely selfish reasons. I now see ways to communicate with my sons with out the use of cell phones and the accompanying bill. I have tested it and it works great. What a find!
2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I enjoy finding out about new on-line resources. Many of them I can use in library lessons, but even the ones that do not particularly apply to elementary education can be used in other ways---Skype for example.
3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I cannot think of any unexpected outcomes this time around, but there were two very good take aways that I definitely will use in library lessons: Wordle and Slide Share.
4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
The only suggestion I can think of would be the division of site exploration by grade levels. For example, there was really no application in the elementary setting for Second Life. It is good to know about it, but I would prefer to explore more usable sites for my grade levels.

No comments: