Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing 19-Web 2.0 Awards List


And the winner is......Microsoft Live Search Maps! I like the way categories can be searched----schools, stores, malls for example and the websites of these different locations can also be accessed. How easy is that? There are different ways to view the areas also. I could see using this with students in map studies. I also checked out the "Collaborative Writing and Word Processing" category and was pleased to see "Google Docs and Spreadsheets" won 1st place among other voters. This was my favorite also when I visited it in an earlier exercise. I also played with Comigs, a site that lets you create and share comics. I'm not quite sure just how I could use this in the school setting---yet. Give me some time and I'm sure that I can think of a way. In the mean time, I sure had fun playing with it.

No comments: